Information on game pages
The game pages offer a selection of activities for people of all ages. The content of the easy-to-use game pages are designed to take into account the special needs of people who use plain language and AAC methods (pictures, signs and bliss symbolics).
The pages include
The contents of the pages can also be used in rehabilitation and teaching. Many of the exercises are also suitable for practicing skills that are needed in communicating with pictures, bliss symbols or manual signs.
Most of the content on the pages is operated with the spacebar and enter keys on the computer, or their corresponding switches. If the game program doesn’t react to the pressing of computer keys, click the mouse once on the game window. Switches can be connected to the computer through a switch interface.
If you wish to send a story to be published on the game pages, please contact papunet[at]kvl[dot]fi.
Game page functions
These functions make it easier to browse through the game menu and choose games that can also be operated with switches or a touch screen. You will find the functions on the right side of the pages.
instructions (for game)
Technical requirements for games
The Papunet games have been originally designed to be operated with PC computers. They need Flash extension (Flash Player) for the web browser to operate. You can download Flash Player free of charge at Adobe.com.
The Papunet drawing program requires also a Java extension (Java Runtime Environment) has been installed in your browser. You can download a Java extension free of charge at Java.com.
The extension works with the commonly used www browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc).
To ensure that the game site functions properly, we recommend you use the latest version of the www browser program. The games work with at least the following freeware web browsers: Mozilla Firefox (all versions), Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 8 and later), Google Chrome and Apple Safari.
Operating the games with tablets
If your tablet has a Flash capability, the games will open in your tablet. As the games have been originally designed to be operated with PC computers we can’t guarantee that the game will run properly with touch control and all the function keys will work as intended.
Downloading games on your computer
The Papunet games are designed to be played online. The exceptions are Darts, Papupult and Fishing Game, which you can also download on your computer: downloadable games.
Material used on the game pages
The Papunet game site is protected by copyright. Even partial copying and use of the graphic and sound material on the site for commercial purposes is forbidden.
Images from the following image banks are used with permission on the site:
- Papunet image bank (Papunetin kuvapankki)
- Mulberry symbols / Paxtoncraft Charitable Trust. Straight Street Ltd (www.straight-street.com). Symbols are licensed with a Creative Commons BY-SA license.
- Pictograms / Kehitysvammaliitto ry (The Finnish Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities), Oppimateriaalikeskus www.opike.fi
- PCS symbols / The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981-2014 Mayer-Johnson Inc., Solana Beach, CA, USA, www.mayer-johnson.com. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
- WLS symbols / Widgit Symbols ©2014 Widgit Software www.widgit.com. All rights reserved worldwide. Used with permission.
- Sclera-pictograms / Sclera-pictos, Sclera Picto's (www.sclera.be). Symbols are licensed with a Creative Commons BY-SA license.